Monday, April 28, 2008

Welcome to Monday

At this point in the year, I am counting down until the school year is done. I cannot tell you how many days are left at this point, but I know that we are less than 6 weeks. 6 weeks that I am hoping goes by VERY quickly. In all reality the next 6 weeks are going to be extremely busy at work. We have a lot of school activities that happen to fall towards the end of the school year. Activities, functions and field trips. For example, next Monday, Monica, Bob and I are taking our classes and going to the Museum to see Body Worlds. I am very excited about this - i have wanted to see it for some time and now I get to see it for free. Mind you, there are going to be 40ish students with us - but it will still be really cool.

The school that I work at - our prom is on Friday. Ticket are not selling fast. We think it is because we work in a lower class area and our students just dont have the money these days to fork out the $25.00 for prom. It's a sad fact, but putting food on the table or gas in the car so you can get to work is more important than a night of dancing at a prom. I am going after school today with Adriana to go and buy some of the prom supplies for the prom and then will take her out to dinner - probably to Red Robin or Fridays.. Something in that general area.

On Friday almost the entire staff of GVHS went to the Brewers Game. They lost, but we had a GREAT time. We always do. We laugh, eat, and just generally act a fool with one another. Its a good chance to just get together as a whole group away from the work environment and have a good time.

I also went to the Brewer game on Sunday (they also lost).. I think I should stop going to games.. I go on Friday and Sunday and they lose. I dont go on Saturday and they win - I see a pattern here. But, on Sunday I went with Dave, his brother Mike and their 2 friends Mooney and (I forgot his name). Going to a baseball game with 4 guys that grew up together is nothing more than an experience, and a quite entertaining experience at that one. They were all great and besides the fact that the Brew Crew lost - fun was had all around...

Well, time for my day to start so I need to go and round up some students.. Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home