Monday, April 07, 2008

Bryan White Concert....

This weekend I have done more driving that any person ever wishes to do in one weekend. Though I am not going to complain about that at all - they were easy drives with very good company and an excellent purpose in mind. You see - My mom, our friend Denise and I drove up to Sault Ste. Marie, MI to see Bryan White. After 4 years I FINALLY got to see him again. It was long overdue and a VERY emotional and overwhelming trip.

On Thursday I drove the just over 2 1/2 hour drive to my parents house. Then, on Friday morning we left for MI and drove the 7 1/2 hour drive up to Sault. Ste. Marie (that includes our stop for lunch). The concert was amazing. It was Bryan, the Wilkinsons and John Berry. Each did about an hour show.

Then all 3 did meet and greets after the show. I was a little upset at one point because I didnt think I would get to do the fan club meet and greet. (I think I was the only fan club member there). Bryan was just going to sign for everybody. But thanks to the John Berry Merchandise guy (he went to tell Bryan that he had a fan club member there that drove 11 hours just to see him), Bryan had me come back stage to meet with him all by myself. I bet I was backstage for a good 15 minutes. Just me, Bryan and the 2 band members he had with him.

Those of you that know me, know that Bryan has been a huge part of my life over the past 12 years. He's been with me through everything and been a huge part of who I have become today. I didnt realize how much that was true until the emotions came out Friday night and the feelings of being overwhelmed started. I had forgotten how much his music meant to me.. and the chance of a one on one meeting was an amazing experience. It was more of a chatting time than the "hi, who are you, thanks" that you normally get at a concert, fan club meet and greet.

There is SOOOO much more to the story, but way to much to write. It really is a great story.. and those of you who are my friends and want to hear it in all its glory.. I will be more than happy to share it with you. Otherwise, I am just going to add some pictures....

1 Comments:

Blogger hannah said...

YAY! Brian White!!! How much fun did you have!?!?! I miss you and think about you a lot. I'm a rotten friend who doesn't call enough. But I do still love you more than I show! I can't wait to hear the story about the drive and the show and your trip. When can you tell me about it?

love you.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home